A Garden gives a sense of joy and beauty, connecting us to the seasons and life cycles. It's helpful for our wellbeing.
The overall aim is to connect the house to the garden through transition points in a simple and practical way.
When considering a landscape plan or any garden construction it is helpful to plan the following factors, so that you know what you require before you ask for a quotation:
- What is your current lifestyle? eg. Do you have a young family or are you retired etc.
- Do you have time to maintain?
- Do you wish to entertain? Is it a big part of your lifestyle?
- What garden style do you prefer eg Modern, Native, Country ,Formal, Asian inspired.
- Do you have plans of your house and boundary, and do you know where all the underground services are located? eg. Telstra cables, water pipes etc.
- Does your garden have a northerly aspect?
- Is it exposed to strong winds? Do you experience frequent winter frosts?
- What type of soil do you have?
- What are the access points to your property for machinery entry?
- What is your budget for your intended project?